Saturday, July 10, 2010

First time tracking in the wet (oh my!)

Yesterday evening I took part in a local club's tracking event at Calabogie Motorsports Park.  Midnightruns.com is a local Ottawa car forum for more mature and hardcore guys and I have been an active participant on their forums for over 2 years now.  One of their members, Pat Chang runs a shop "Speed Merchants" at the track (speedmerchants.ca) and with his connections to the owners of the facilities got us 2 hours of lapping for a very cheap price.  Only down side was the RAIN. Oh well, if Aryton Senna can shine in the wet, I might as well try ;)

First time out, first corner and I find myself skittish at the limit and not finding grip at all ANYWHERE! 

The new sways were making the car very oversteer-y and I was not having a good time. After a lap, I was back in the pits playing with tire pressures which helped but still came no where near what I was hoping.

Two hours later I was done and spend the last 20 mins shooting the shit with the guys at the pit exit wall. 

Had a great time but I definitely am starting to think it's time to swap back in the oem rear swaybar. Jim Hobbnot, owner of the shop and also owner of Kanata Ford was there with us at the end with his Porsche GT3 RS and gave me a lot of nice compliments about the NSX, which was very nice to hear.  He thinks he can help me dial things in next time I come out, so I will definitely take up his offer. 

Here's a vid:



No comments:

Post a Comment