Friday, April 30, 2010

First Lapping Day of 2010

What a perfect day today.

20 degrees, slightly overcast, not a drop of rain and no bugs. Woke up, wished my son Ben a happy 9th birthday (still cannot believe he's 9 now), went downstairs and watched him open his birthday presents (Star Wars space ship and SpyGear briefcase), munched a quick breakfast and then off to my favourite place in the universe, Calabogie Motorsports Park.

Spent a day lapping with the Motorsports Club of Ottawa (MCO). This is the first year joined, and I did it primarily for their lapping days at CMP. Very well run group, very strict on safety (good) but very popular (bad). I'd say about 30 cars showed up, and I was placed in Intermediate. Each group ran for 20 mins each, which sucked because after 5 laps or so it was time to come in. CMP is very technical and I hated the fact that as soon as I felt like I was "in the groove", I see the checkered flag and it was time to come in. *sigh*.

I had a fun time playing with my new GoPro Herocam and made a few vids today but was not impressed with Harry's Lap Timer app for the iPhone. I read all the instructions and fidgeted with it all day to no avail. I think the GPS signal might not be good out at CMP? Who knows.


The NSX got a lot of compliments which was nice. Good to hear my efforts are appreciated. There was one fanboy who, although he seems nice, just kept getting in my face all day asking for a ride. I am just not comfortable taking on passengers so far and had to break it to him. Sorry dude, but go away...



No comments:

Post a Comment