Monday, August 17, 2009

Calabogie Track Day: Aug 14, 2009

Decided to take the big bite and pony up the $500 for the full day CMP lapping school put on by EnTrac. Great organization, great day. The instruction was not quite as involved as Peter Hanson's class at the Mosport DDT but still quite enjoyable. Met Kevin Cooper (fellow Ottawa NSXer) for breakfast at Timmies at 6:30am, made it to CMP at 7:30am for drivers meeting and then the classroom session at 8am. The classroom group was small, just 20 people. Focus was on contact patch, suspension dynamics during cornering, and what not to do in a corner. It was cool. Afterwards I was paired up with my instructor Jason who first took me out in my NSX as a passenger for 5 laps, then we switched. I was supposed to spend the rest of the day driving with him in the passenger seat but I had problems with my passenger side seat belt tension-er so we spent the rest of the day with him leading me and showing me the lines and braking zones in his stripped 944 turbo track car.






No comments:

Post a Comment