Monday, August 17, 2009

kei office front lip by Shine

Back to this topic again...

A few months ago I organized a mini-groupbuy on NSXPrime's Canadian forum for a few sets of Kei Office front lower lips by Shine Auto. This was origianlly produced by Kei Office in Japan (Keiichi Tsuchiya's company) years ago but has since been discontinued. I liked the look and how it updates and cleans up the appearance of the front end. However, the first guy to install it (Marc) reported back that the fitment was crap and he shelled out a lot of extra $$ to make it work. The second buyer (ROY) reported that the fitment was good and was quite pleased with the results. I noted that 2 of the 3 had Shine stickers on them. I kept one, and let the other 2 guys pick the other 2. Roy's had the sticker too. So I'm left to think that maybe Marc got oneof the prototype lips that didn't fit well while Roy and I got good ones. I dunno but thats my theory and I'm sticking to it. I was playing with the idea of a '02 front end conversion but based on Roy's experience I think I'm gonna just install the Kei Office lip and call it a day. At the last track day I got a chance to ride in the new GTR and came away wanting one more than ever. I think the NSX's days of sucking my money is coming to an end :(

Here're pics of Roy's lip:

(btw the silver car's got my old Gruppe M CF lip!)


"FasttraxTurbo" on NSXPrime also installed his and took these beautiful pics:


He was pretty pleased with how it turned out and said its the same height as the stock lip but because it extends out another 3" it scrapes on everything. I love the looks but not sure if it will be appropriate for my NSX, which is rapidly evolving into a track toy.

Here's the Drift King himself...

No comments:

Post a Comment