Thursday, April 16, 2015

Arrival.

So, my car shipped out of the port of Vancouver on March 31.  Almost 2 weeks later (16 days to be exact) she rests comfortably in my garage bay.  Everything arrived intact.  There are more rock dings and scuffs than I imagined for a car with such low mileage but the seller was very good at disclosing every knock in the original paint job before the sale, so I'm satisfied.

BLCBIRD showed up at 6am sharp as promised and I only had a few minutes to start her up, drive (without plates) once around the block before I had to tuck her away until I get back from work.  I'm pretty damn excited and relieved.

Next order of business when I get home: wash, dry, vacuum (car was pretty dirty after its journey), mount my plates and check fluid levels and tire pressure. Tomorrow morning I'll have it inspected for safety certification, e-tested and legally ready for the road.  This is going to be a sweet weekend.

TFX International has been nothing short of phenomenal throughout.
It's roommate in the transporter was a pair of Porsche GT3RS, an old 356 Speedster, a Bentley Continental, and an Aston Martin.  I might be biased, but I actually thought my 11 yr old girl was the best looking.





No comments:

Post a Comment