Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Spring 2009 to present


OK, so in the last 2 days I've been recounting everything thats been done on my car since purchase in Jan 2006 to last fall. I am happy to say the project is nearing its end in that I cannot think of anything major left to do aside from little details.

In the spring I installed a nice set of Autovation aluminum pedals (nsx-specific), a pair of 6 pt Schroth harnesses I picked up from Coz on NSXPrime, which after installation I realized looked too hardcore and so I switched to Takata 4 pts.

A custom red anodized SoS harness bar was of course required for safety reasons and installed along with a pair of AEM Serial Gauges by Manny at Pearl Autocare in the a-pillar. I got the gauge pod from Coz of Prime. A funny aside here: I originally had a pod, but decided I wanted the gauges in the centre console so I sold it on Prime. I later changed my mind and re-bought the same damn thing. Ugh. Indecision sucks when you have to pay customs!

The biggest install this year, and will be the last thing to go on the car is this Shine Auto Project front lower valence. This is a copy of the Kei Office design that is no longer in production. Once I am out of town for my vacation in July it will go to Fiore for installation. I am hoping it will be compatible with all the underbody trays and panels. If not I expect to pay out the nose for him to make it all work!

I also caved in and finally sold my rare BYS CF tilting rear wing for the ubiquitous NSX-R CF wing. I have always liked the rarity and look of the BYS but it felt like an anchor back there, and I was tired of using my head to keep the trunk lid open when accessing the trunk! This one is made by a guy with a great name, Johnny Chu who owns a company in SoCal called JetZ Racing Products. Fitment and price was excellent. I'm really happy with this piece:




Aside from swapping out all my oem bulbs for LEDs in the dash, door, footwell and maplights, I'm pretty well done. I am still on the look for a set of used high flow cats, but there's no hurry. :)

I also picked up yet another set of wheels for the track. Gloss black Tecnomagnesios in 17/18 diameters. These are extremely rare wheels made by Tecno for Comptech Sport back in the day. Great deal from a fellow NSXer in Calgary who owns a shop called Tunerworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment