Friday, June 19, 2009

Pics from the track today

What a fantastic day. I haven't been to the track in over a year, and certainly not since a lot of the mods (brakes, aero, wheels, body stiffeners) have been put on, so I was very curious to see how this baby will boogie. I was not disappointed at all. Its hard to believe this old girl is 17 years old. She handled like a champ, the Gruppe M SC fed me gobs of torque down low where this technical course needs it, the new 17/18 Tecnomagnesio wheels and Bridgestone SO-2's were well planted by the suspension(Tein EDFC set to full hard) and the big hero of the day were the BRAKES! The AP racing kit was stopping mightily and consistently all day long without fade. Holy crap did I ever have a good time. Every time I come home from the track I feel tired (it was hot today...26 degs and track temp was over 60) but alive and exhilarated. I honestly cannot believe why more people don't do this as a hobby over say... golf!. Even other NSX owners need to come out and try this. Yes your precious car will get a little dirty, but it will not break, an you will really get a new found appreciation for what was engineered into it. Sidenote: I'm happy to see that my headers and exhaust managed to just squeeze under the course's 104 dB limit at 101 dB! ;-)

On with the pics:





No comments:

Post a Comment